Piano Tuning & Repairs
Tuning a piano regularly (at least once per year) is very important:
· Maintains tension on the soundboard which helps to reduce cracking.
· Moves the strings to keep them elastic. Helps prevent string breakage.
· Regular tunings allows a piano to hold it’s tune longer. More stable.
Regulation is also very important:
· This optimizes the control and feeling you can get out of your music. How your action (the keyboard and hammers) responds to your touch. The mechanics of how well your piano plays.
· Regulation is needed on most used pianos and should be adjusted every few years or so. Please do not allow someone to learn on a piano that does not respond properly. “If you cannot play softly; it’s not you, it’s the piano.”